JY Joyner Student Services Mission Statement
The Professional School Counselor of JY Joyner Magnet Elementary believes all students:
- Have the ability to achieve
- Have dignity and worth
- Have the right to participate in the school counseling program
- Are considered in planning and implementing the school counseling program, including their developmental, ethnic, cultural, and racial needs, along with sexual differences and special needs
- Shall have access to a full-time, fully certified school counselor to deliver the school counseling program
- Include planning, management, and coordination by the school counseling team in collaboration with other the school personnel, students, parents or guardians and community representatives
- Access the resources available in the community to deliver a comprehensive program effectively
- Use data to drive program development and evaluation
- Be evaluated by administrators, each other, and the Advisory Council on specified goals and agreed upon student competencies
- Focus on specific goals and developmental competencies for all students in Kindergarten through fifth grade
- Abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counselor Association
- Participate in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school counseling program
- Actively promote activities that promote growth and development for all students
JY Joyner Magnet Elementary School Counselor will consistently provide:
- Primary preventative services that promote personal, career and academic success to meet the needs of all students.
- Data to prove that students are different and benefiting as a result of the school-counseling program.
- Specific school counseling activities that promote identification and achievement of student competencies.
- Advocay for all students
Wake County Public Schools Mission Statement:
The Wake County Public School System will educate each student to be a responsible and productive citizen who can effectively manage future challenges.